Stanley Transportation & Infrastructure
Stanley is a wired community! The city is served by Charter Communication, offering high-speed accessibility through a fiber optic cable, which passes our community along Highway 29. This enables Stanley's businesses and manufacturers easy access to the global economy.
In the more traditional sense of transportation Stanley is served by one of the states major east-west transportation links, Highway 29. Stanley is also about one hour from access to officially designated Interstate Highway 39 and 94. Many major truck carriers serve the community. Federal Express and UPS offer daily delivery. UPS has a pickup site in Stanley.
Also serving the community is the Canadian National Railroad, which maintains its rails thus, allowing both speed and volume of traffic that is needed for today's commerce. The Ace Ethanol plant in Stanley uses the Canadian National Railroad to ship manufactured ethanol.
Stanley is also a major stop along the Jefferson Lines Bus which picks up and drops off daily at the Shell convenience store (ticket agent) next to McDonald's, south of Highway 29 on South Broadway/County Hwy H.
The Chippewa Valley Regional Airport located a short 30 miles away serves Stanley and the surrounding area. Air service is provided to Chicago International Airport.
OWNERSHIP OF AREA RURAL AIRPORTS:
1) Cornell - publicly owned by Cornell Aeroworks LLC (715-239-3716) - managed by John Breisna, Cornell
2) Medford - owned by Taylor County (715-748-1460) - managed by James Wood, Medford, 715-678-2152
3) Neillsville Municipal Airport - owned by City of Neillsville (715-743-2105) - managed by Harold Gaier, 715-743-4400
4) Marshfield Municipal Airport - owned by City of Marshfield (715-384-2919) - managed by Harold Gaier, 715-387-2211
5) North Fork Airport - privately owned by Phillip N. Miller (715-669-5534), PO Box 600 Thorp WI
6) Along Hwy 29 between Chippewa Falls and Cadott - privately owned by David Crane D.D.S.